Food trucks are the heart and soul of Houston’s emerging street food scene. Below we’ve listed some of Houston’s most hotly sought after street food.
1. SMOOSH Cookies
Their freshly baked cookies, premium ice cream and out of this world toppings will create that one of a kind personal ice cream cookie sandwich. The best ice cream sammie in Houston.
2. The Toasted
If your in the mood for non-ice cream sandwiches, the Toasted truck is where you need to go. Some of the best sandwiches anywhere – basically remastered childhood classics all grown up.
3. Chocolate Wasted Ice Cream
Houston’s First Urban Ice Cream Bus & now Small Batch Creamery serving up artisan handcrafted ice cream, frozen desserts and handmade popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, floats and shakes, pastries and more.
- Churro doughnut with banana foster’s icream?!?!?! AH. MAZING.
- Chocolate wasted ice cream is also incredible
4. Tacos Tierra Caliente
Address: 2003 W Alabama St, Houston, TX 77098
Phone: (713) 584-9359
- Fantastic potato tacos
- Delicious spicy salsa, excellent tacos (obviously)
- Very reasonable prices
5. Dasman Food Truck
- So. Much. Flavor. (Not for the faint of heart)
- Insanely good Mediterranean food
6. Mingo’s Latin Kitchen
Phone: (281) 683-8305
- Delicious veggie fries
- Excellent sauces, crisp veggies
7. The Waffle Bus
- Excellent waffle sandwiches and waffle fries
- Excellent sauces and flavored mayo
- Great, creative sandwiches & tacos
- The grilled cheese with greet tomatoes and ricotta cheese is a definite winner
9. Pho-jita Fusion
- Insanely good Thai-Mexican fusion
- Excellent tamales (thaimales) & tortas