Connect
To Top

Houston’s Most Inspiring Stories

Every neighborhood in Houston has its own vibe, style, culture and history, but what consistently amazes us is not what differentiates the various neighborhoods but rather what they all have in common.  From the Fourth Ward to Sugar Land (and everywhere in between) we’ve been blown away by how many creative and talented people call Houston home.  Check out some of the inspiring stories we’ve discovered throughout the city.

Downtown

Katy

Neartown

North Loop

Outside 610

Richmond

South Loop

Stafford

Sugar Land

The Woodlands

West Loop

9 Comments

1. Sylvia Escontrias

May 2, 2017 at 9:46 am

I would like to know how to be considered for Houston most inspiring stories. I would love my story to be featured – I am a breast Cancer survivor just recently an d I was just named WEC’s Busniess professional of 2017!!!!!!

2. Cori Aston

June 1, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Thank you for sharing my story and my art. As an artist we normally sit in the background… and create. We help create the visions, the mood boards and then execute those visions in our minds eye onto the human canvas.
    It’s a never ending journey of the next creation. So, thank you, voyage magazine, for considering me one of Houston’s inspiring stories.

• Suzanne Bearnth

June 5, 2017 at 11:58 am

Congratulations Cori! The story is extremely awesome and well deserving!

3. Kristen Grandi

June 15, 2017 at 2:45 pm

We are so grateful for you guys featuring Junk Hippy!
    We’ll see you July 8 in Rosenberg!

Peace & lots of love,
    Kristen Grandi

4. Memory Mill Productions

July 6, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Thank you very much for featuring The Memory Mill Productions in Houston’s most inspiring stories!
    We can’t wait to shoot more weddings, document more stories and capture moments that will be cherished forever.

5. Catherine | Fit Armadillo

July 28, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Such an honor to share more about my company! Thanks for the feature.

6. Dawn Appling, EA

August 18, 2017 at 3:33 am

Thank you so much for featuring ProTouch Finance. I am humbled, and really appreciate you taking the time to give me the opportunity to tell the story of our humble beginnings.

Love and blessings <3

7. Maria Simon, JustSnickerdoodles

October 18, 2017 at 12:53 pm

I am so overjoyed at this amazing opportunity to be featured! Thank you guys so much for shining a light on my little mobile company!

8. Jo Trizila

November 17, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Would love to know how to be in contact with you. We have a great story to tell.

Through the end of the year, Solis Mammography – the nation’s largest independent provider of breast screening services – presents its “Help Us Help Houston” campaign through its seven locations across the greater Houston region. From now through the end of the year, patients who schedule and complete their annual screening mammogram at Solis Mammography, will also give the gift of restoration and recovery.

For every mammogram appointment scheduled and completed at any Solis Mammography center in the Houston area between Oct. 23 and Dec. 31, $10 will be donated to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund by Solis Mammography and its partners in the effort, HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division and Hologic. To signal their participation in the campaign, all patients need to do is use the code “Harvey” when they check-in for their appointment.

The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund was established by Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and Harris County Judge Ed Emmett. The fund is administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation. Because of the immense need in and around Houston, this fund is dedicated to relieving gaps that are not met by other local and federal efforts for those affected by Hurricane Harvey.