Today we’d like to introduce you to Meera Raval Deters.
Hi Meera, please kick things off for us with an introduction to yourself and your story.
I was born in London Ontario, Canada and moved to Houston when I was two years old. My parents, Bharat and Pramila Raval, instilled the values of Indian culture and the importance of education in me from a young age. I had the good fortune to attend Chinmaya Mission in Houston with Gaurang Uncle and Darshana Auntie from the time I was 5 to 18 years old. Without all the lessons I learned there, I would not be the person I am today!
As a young child, I loved playing with my older brother, Amar. I thought whatever game or TV show he liked was cool! When I got a bit older, I had a tough time in middle school like a lot of children do feeling like I did not fit in since I attended a Baptist middle school as a Hindu. However, today, I realize that those three years taught me to accept myself and not get caught me in what other people thought about me. I enjoyed working hard, loved learning, and realized that I did not need to have a lot of friends or things to be happy.
Once I got to Bellaire High School, I truly enjoyed learning Hindi for four years. After college, I got the chance to observe Speech Therapy at a hospital with a Speech Therapist my Dad used to work with. I found it so fascinating and have hooked on it ever since then!
Would you say it’s been a smooth road, and if not what are some of the biggest challenges you’ve faced along the way?
I certainly faced challenges along the way to get to my career path. The biggest one was once I got into graduate school, I had a tough time during my first semester with the academically challenging classes and was depressed. Thankfully, my parents signed us up for a weekend meditation course with The Art of Living Foundation right at the beginning of my second semester in grad school. During the course, we learned a daily meditation practice. I began to implement it daily. That allowed me to not only uplift my mood, but helped me get the biggest GPA I have ever gotten in school.
Alright, so let’s switch gears a bit and talk business. What should we know?
I am the proud owner of Super Speech Solutions, a concierge private practice that provides online Speech Therapy for Texans. I help children and adults improve their speech and language skills so that they can communicate better.
I am very passionate about my job and I enjoy making a positive impact in people’s lives. I have 14 years of experience. I worked with adults for the first five years of my career and have been primarily working with children for the past nine years.
Before we go, is there anything else you can share with us?
Meera Raval Deters, M.A., CCC-SLP, BCTS, ACAS received her Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from Our Lady of the Lake University in 2006. She has worked in a variety of settings including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient/outpatient rehabilitation clinics, charter schools, and private practices over the past fourteen years. Meera specializes in accent modification and child language disorders, with an emphasis on autism.
– completed Phase 1 out of 3 BCS-CL (Board Certified Specialist in Child Language) through ASHA (American Speech Language Hearing Association)
– Certified Brain Injury Specialist
– BCTS: Board Certified Telepractice Specialist
– ACAS: Advanced Certified Autism Specialist
– a basic DIR/Floortime provider
– 3 Awards for Continuing Education (ACE) in honor on obtaining 70 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) over a 3 year period through ASHA (American Speech Language Hearing Association)
When she is not thinking about speech, Meera loves to spend time with her husband Jeff, cook, watch Hallmark movies, and go on walks with their dog, Daisy.
- $75 for a 30 minute session, $100 for a 45 minute session, and $125 for a 60 minute session
- $150-$250 for an evaluation
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: superspeechsolutions.com
- Instagram: superspeechsolutions
- Facebook: Super Speech Solutions, LLC
- LinkedIn: Super Speech Solutions, LLC
- Other: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/telepractice-today/id1513824829?i=1000511118823