Today we’d like to introduce you to Tracie Benton.
Tracie, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
The idea of Lux Style & Design started based on personal need. I went through a career change and had to revamp my wardrobe for my new role. My schedule has always been jam-packed, so there was no time for me to shop and honestly, I wasn’t even sure where to start.
I tried a popular styling service that mails your clothes based on a survey you take online, but I wasn’t a fan of the results. I didn’t like anything about their selections – from the styles of clothing to fabrics and colors. I finally found a stylist in Houston to help me, and I thought this is the type of service everyone needs!
Has it been a smooth road?
I would love to say that it’s been a smooth road, but we’ve experienced some growing pains and are still learning. As Lux Style & Design grows, we’re adjusting and adapting to the fashion landscape and our clients’ needs.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with Lux Style & Design – tell our readers more, for example, what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
Lux Style & Design is an online image consulting platform that features Houston-based fashion stylists and designers. We connect clients to talent featured on our platform for various services, including style consultations, closet revivals, personal shopping and more.
We’re most known for our coveted closet revival, where we completely revamp your closet and help you build a new wardrobe. We just wrapped up our Custom Prom Party series, where we work with high school students to design custom prom dresses.
I’m always proud when we can help someone’s personality and beauty shine through using fashion. The fashion industry is always evolving, and we’re proud to host talented designers and stylists who deal with diverse demographics.
There are tons of styling services out there, but our commitment to personalization is what sets us apart. Style has no limits, and we’re proud to cater to everybody.
Let’s touch on your thoughts about our city – what do you like the most and the least?
I know this is going to sound crazy, but the weather is the most and least likable quality! We truly have a love-hate relationship.
I love how warm it gets, but summers can be super intense. However, I do wish Houston had four consistent seasons. Instead, we just have hot, warm and oh yeah, HOT.
- CONSULTATION – $85 for 1 hour: Your initial session will explore your needs and goals. Our stylists will 1) evaluate your personality, lifestyle and style objectives 2) develop a plan to discover your true style Identify brands and stores that cater to your needs and 3) create a signature style that accentuates your personality and lifestyle.
- SHOP WITH YOUR STYLIST – $100 per hour (two hours minimum): Shopping with a professional stylist can help you save time and look your best. Our stylists will help you 1) develop strategies to use your time efficiently and 2) select the right pieces to supplement your wardrobe within your budget. Your stylist can also select the outfits for you ahead of time so all you have to do is try on and buy the ones you really love.
- CLOSET REVIVAL – $150 per hour (three hours minimum): Clothes that don’t fit into your life are filling up your closet and keeping you distracted and unorganized. Our stylists will help you 1) organize your closet 2) highlight key pieces that can be used to build your wardrobe 3) donate clothing that you don’t need any more and 4) craft a shopping list of items you are missing based on your needs.
- We even have a special deal for VoyageHouston readers! Receive 50% off a consultation by using the code VOYAGE50 at checkout!
- Website: https://www.luxstyledesign.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/Luxstyleanddesign/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxstyledesign/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LuxStyleDesign1
Getting in touch: VoyageHouston is built on recommendations from the community; it’s how we uncover hidden gems, so if you know someone who deserves recognition please let us know here.